- “Myths & Realities of Hotel Green Retrofits; Going Beyond Towels & Lighting” 2015, written by Fran Hereth and published in Green Lodging News, Issue no. 480
- “A Field Guide to Solar Hot Water Systems in Multifamily Buildings” 2013, written by Fran Hereth and funded under a US Department of Housing and Urban Development Energy Innovation Fund Grant
- “Greening City Gardens: A Case Study in the Effectiveness of a Coordinated Approach to Accessing Utility Incentives for Energy Efficiency Retrofits in Multifamily Housing in California” 2013. Kango Development served as the Construction Manager and an advisor for the Greening of City Gardens project.
- “Enterprise Green Communities Multifamily Green Retrofit Toolkit”, 2013, Fran Hereth, co-editor and technical advisor
- “Energy Efficiency Investment, the ROI of EE” 2014. Prepared by Kango Development for TRC Solutions for use in the San Diego Gas & Electric Energy Upgrade California Multifamily Program